Mission & Vision
The vision of the college is to make the all round development of the human resources through Quality Education under the guidance of Affiliating University, UGC. NAAC and Govt. of Assam. The institution upholds the -highest standards of instruction in Arts, Science with Vocational Courses. Along with academic excellence the institution emphasizes on democracy, co-operation and cultural sensitivity so that the students may serve best the Society. Nation and the World. The institution also cherishes vision to impart education to those learners who have been deprived of formal system of higher education because of age, economic background etc. through open Distance Learning (ODL) System.
Imparting Quality Education of National Standard and Imbibing Skill for solving real life problem.
Inculcating global perspective in attitude.
Creating leadership qualities with futuristic vision.
Postering spirit of entrepreneurship and realization of societal responsibilities.
Cultivating adaption of ethics, morality and healthy practices in academic and professional life
Inculcating the spirit of social development through the study of language and culture.
Instilling habit of continual learning.
Encouraging and supporting creative and research temperament.
Establishing and promoting linkages with the Institutions and Organizations of National and International level.
To introduce job-oriented and vocational courses for professional and academic development.
To organize community development programmes for the socio-economic development of the neighbourhood.
The college being an institution of Higher Education is marching for ‘Quality Education’
- All the courses of both Arts and Science streams are affiliated to the University of Dibrugarh, recognised by the UGC.
- Proper academic environment for effective development of human resource.
- Regularity and punctuality in teaching – learning system. Experienced and highly qualified faculties not only give theoretical teaching to students, but also guide them in future course of study, placement and practical knowledge. Shaping the attitude and aptitude, personality and skill of the students to make them smart, energetic and dynamic citizens of the society.
- The traditional method of teaching is supplemented with the use of Audio-visual Aids, Group Discussion, Individual Guidance, Seminar, Workshop, Field work
Collaboration with other Institutions/Organizations :
- In the area of teaching and learning, faculty exchange and community development programme, the college has signed MOU’s with School of Social Sciences, Assam Kaziranga University, Jorhat.
- As a part of extension activities and also for the sake of sustainable development, the college has established “Organic Model Garden and Production Unit” in its extended area of the campus (Sector-B) in collaboration with NEADS, a local NGO and in support with Fertile Ground (NGO), Canada.
- To encourage the spirit of self employment and attitude of entrepreneurship among the students the college has signed MOU’s with Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), Guwahati, Assam for short term Entrepreneurship Development Course.