ANTI RAGGING MEASURES
The Hon’ble Supreme Court has directed that ragging be banned from all educational institutions. Ragging has been made cognizable offence and it attracts a punishment of rigorous imprisonment of three years and fine of ` 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand) only.
Ragging has been defined as – “Any act causing, inducing, compelling or for cing a student, whether by way of a practical joke or otherwise, to do any act which detracts from human dignity or violates his person or exposes him to ridicule or to forbear from doing any lawful act, by intimidating, wrongfully restraining, wrongfully confining or injuring him or by using criminal force to him or by holding out to him any threat of such intimidation, wrongful restraint, wrongful confinement, injury or the use of criminal offence.” Supreme Court of India has defined ragging as a criminal offence.
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college. Attempt has been made to foster a strong vibrant and warm relationship amongst the senior and junior students. In some occasions interactive session between senior and junior students is conducted in the presence of the faculty members. Any interaction beyond this invites harsh punishment that may take any of the following forms depending upon the severity of offence.
- Suspension from classes.
- Debarring from appearing in Examination.
- Rustication from the college for a period up to two years. Expulsion from the college.
- Fine up to `10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand) only.
- Rigorous imprisonment up to 3 years through the process of court of law.
In this context the students and their guardians are required to submit court affidavit duly signed by them in the format which is attached with this prospectus.
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
An Anti Ragging committee is formed with the following members.
- Ruprekha Bordoloi, Principal – Chairperson
- Kshirod Saikia – Convener/Member Secretary
- I/C Lahdoigarh Police Outpost – Representative of Police Administration
- Dilip Dutta – Representative of local print media
- Riju Saikia – Representative of local electronic media
- Mohan Bora – Representative of NGO
- Mamoni Saikia – Representative of parents
- Representative of students belonging to the fresher’s category (To be nominated after admission)
- General Secretary, Students’ Union Society – (Representative of students)
- Pallabi Lahon – (Representative from non-teaching staff)
- Block Development Officer (Central Jorhat Development Block) – Representative of Civil Administration.
- Raju Boruah – Vice Principal and Representative of faculty members.